
This is the house we stayed in when we visited. The entire family and friends of the family would sit on the porch after swimming and fishing all day. We would swing and talk all day long. I remember my sister and I would get my grandma to not flick off her ash to her cigarette and see how long it could get. She would then flick it into our hand, and it wouldn't burn us! :) Funny how we thought that was soooooo cool!

This is the "lake" we would fish in all of the time. We would go out early in the morning to find night crawlers to fish with and then take a tractor ride to the lake and fish. I remember one time my brother, sister, and I were all in the paddle boat and we would put our hands in the water. Grandpa would tell us to stop because there were snapping turtles in the water. We didn't believe him and that moment he said that one came to the surface right by our boat. Scared us to death! :)
I love this place. It is so peaceful and relaxing. I have so many fond memories.
1 comment:
Thanks so much for all of your help! Kim
Post a Comment